Sunday 11 January 2015

Brrr... A Winter Weather Reminder
to Dress Children for the Cold!

  

               Winter Dress-Up   

At last it is winter! I'm going outside!
I'll glide on the ice and I'll slip and I'll slide.
I'll build a big snowman, taller than tall, 
And I won't mind the cold, I won't mind it at all!
But first I have snowboots to put on my feet,
And a warm winter coat to trap in the heat.
Next comes a scarf, wrapped twice around,
And a waterproof snowsuit since it's wet on the ground!

         

After that comes my hatjust like I was told,
And earmuffs of course so my ears don't get cold.
Then comes the mittens to keep my hands warm, 
And at last I'm all set for the worst winter storm!
I do love the winter without any doubt,
But there's so much to do before I go out.
             
                                           - Pamela Chanko                  

A reminder that now that the cold weather has arrived, please ensure children have proper winter clothing to wear outside: hats, mitts, snowsuits and boots. Children will also need indoor shoes to wear in class each day. Please also remember to label all of the items to help the teachers and kids know what belongs to who! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment